For class, we had to design a character's props and an environment for them to exist in. So here's my enviornment, just a back room decked with Hopi decorations. The perspective on the door is wrong, but I didn't have time to fix it/ didn't notice it until critic. My future illustrations will have more success, of that I am confident. =)
This is some garbage that I put together for an Art History class back in Fall of 2011, it was my first time using copics, so bleh. The idea of the assignment was to make a piece derivative of an artist of your selection (from a pool the teacher selected.) My artist was Roy Lichtenstein, so I basically took his piece "Explosion" and threw it in the fore, back, and middle ground of the image along with one of my characters. This is up mainly to remind viewers and my future self that you gotta start somewhere. Carry on!!
Here's the second oil painting I did two weeks ago for class. I'm not uploading the first as yet because it's worse than the Acrylic painting. But yeah, still a lot of things wrong, but progress. I'm in the process of completing my third oil and that will be uploaded as soon as it's dry.
This turned out horribly, it's here so that you can see the progress I made since the beginning of the quarter, I made this waaaaay back in April before I started doing those gouache paintings for class.
I've got a bunch of new stuff to upload, when my schoolwork is in check I'll be able to update, I haven't forgotten about this haha. But yeah, give me til Friday and I'll have 6 or 7 new things for you to see!!