Friday, July 20, 2012

Mediocre (inks)

Last week I was feeling pretty upset with the quality of my work lately. I felt, and still feel, that the Elephant Hands piece is the best thing I've done this summer and I wanted, and still want, to change that desperately. So from that desire, from that dissatisfaction in myself, I birthed this piece which I'm calling Mediocre which depicts how I felt about my work of late. I have some copic markers coming in the mail as a gift from my aunt which I will use to color this. It's one of the biggest drawings I've ever done, 14 X 34 Bristol. Anywho, these are the inks for it, they're subject to change once I throw the color on, so we'll see what happens with that. I'm pretty excited. 





Also I would like to say Thank you to all you who take the time to look over my blog. I would especially like to say thank to Ricardo Alves who commented with kind words on one of my pieces. I would have simply replied to your comment, and sooner too, but for some odd reason my computer doesn't allow me to do that, so I figured I'd give you a shout out on one of my posts. Thanks again to everyone who looks at my works. Post a comment if you want to get in contact with me, I need to figure out how to add a contact info widget to my blog, but until then, feel free to lay your thoughts on me, I'm all ears and eager to learn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment